Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fixed some issues on Officer Commanding

Proof reading is a killer. Yep, I do it. Problem is I'm often to close to what was just written so I miss many of the typos and bad grammar. When I look back on a page months or years later, the mistakes pop out and so I try to update when I have time. Such was the with the page called "Officer Commanding" which has short bios of some of the commanders and officers in the LRDG.

I made some major edit on David Lloyd Owen and Jake Easonsmith. Hopefully the bios make more sense now.

On a side note, I also made a few changes to the other elite units page. The SIG section had a few errors.

One aspect of my pages is I try to write the page so that a person with 10th grade education can read it. This requires shorter sentences and smaller words. I do this to assist younger readers and non-native English speakers/readers. I also want to the site a more informal feel. I don't want the page to feel like a history lesson. There are enough page on the Internet that do this.

Hopefully this comes through on the LRDG site as well as other web pages at BlindKat

No comments: